Menu

Search form

Number of results: 26

  • Following the death of 38 Burundian refugees and asylum seekers in Kamanyola, South Kivu, in a confrontation with armed forces, UNHCR is providing emergency aid and called for investigation.
    highlight 25 Sep 2017 (1 month ago)
    Democratic Republic of the Congo / Burundi - Refugees
  • In the new site of Mulongwe works are ongoing with two operational partners (MEDEOR and CARITAS) working with their own funds. However, works have slowed down due to the worsening security situation in Fizi territory.
    highlight 31 Aug 2017 (2 months ago)
    Democratic Republic of the Congo / Burundi - Refugees
  • Cholera epidemics was declared in the territories of Fizi and Uvira. No cases have been reported so far in refugees hosting structures. Preventive measures were put in place.
    highlight 31 Aug 2017 (2 months ago)
    Democratic Republic of the Congo / Burundi - Refugees
  • As of 31 August 2017, the number of new arrivals was 4,887 since January 2017. The arrival rate over the year is an average of 20 individuals per day so far. Of the 4,887 new arrivals, 52% have settled in Reception Centers and the rest of 48% have settled in urban areas ( Kigali, Huye).
    highlight 31 Aug 2017 (2 months ago)
    / Burundi - Refugees
  • Individual Refugee Status Determination processing has commenced in Nduta Camp in Tanzania for some 28,000 Burundian asylum seekers living in the camp. Tanzania has lifted prima facie refugee recognition in January 2017, after which arrival rates dropped significantly. Rwanda, Uganda and the DRC continue to accept Burundians on prima facie basis.
    highlight 19 Jun 2017 (5 months ago)
    Burundi / Burundi - Refugees Burundi / Burundi - Asylum-Seekers
  • UNHCR launched the 2017 Supplementary Appeal for the Burundi Situation. Currently 2% of the overall funding requirements (US$ 250 million) has been received. More funding is urgently needed to increase capacity and to decongest overcrowded camps.
    highlight 22 May 2017 (5 months ago)
    Burundi / Burundi - Refugees Burundi / Burundi - IDPs Burundi / Burundi - Refugee Returnees
  • The Burundi Situation needs urgent funding, as the total amount of contributions amounts to 1% of the overall needs. There are significant needs in refugee settlements, as the overall refugee population has grown to over 400,000, with new arrivals coming on a daily basis.
    highlight 28 Apr 2017 (6 months ago)
    Burundi / Burundi - Refugees Burundi / Burundi - IDPs Burundi / Burundi - Asylum-Seekers
  • The World Food Programme (WFP) is forced to implement food cuts in the region, affecting Burundian refugees in Tanzania and Rwanda. In Rwanda food assistance is secured only until the end of April. A possible drastic cut in food rations is foreseen in the month of May (51%) and onwards, if no further contributions are received from donors.
    highlight 25 Apr 2017 (6 months ago)
    Burundi / Burundi - Refugees Burundi / Burundi - Asylum-Seekers
  • An evaluation of the 23,203 seedlings planted since 2015 in Lusenda camp assessed that 64% of them were growing well, thanks to sensitization sessions.
    highlight 31 Mar 2017 (7 months ago)
    Democratic Republic of the Congo / Burundi - Refugees
  • 1,496 Burundian refugees were in transit centers while around 1,990 individuals stayed outside due to lack of space. Most of them were women, children and older people.
    highlight 31 Mar 2017 (7 months ago)
    Democratic Republic of the Congo / Burundi - Refugees